Friday, July 23, 2010

Playing in Thunderstorms


These past few days have been amazing. I've been auditioning, working, exploring my neighborhood, and making awesome new friends. I'm the happiest I've been in awhile. Yeah, I've been on a string of bad dates (I mean, am I imagining things or is it not the appropriate thing for a guy to pay for dinner on the first date when he not only asked YOU out but also picked the place AND ordered for you?!?!?! I mean, let's face it, I've been out of the game for awhile so I may be a bit rusty, but I'm pretty sure this is something every guy over the age of 13 knows . . .)

I digress.

I find myself talking to complete strangers all the time, helping random people, and always having a smile to offer to someone who is struggling. I feel like I'm becoming a better person and the bitterness that once plagued my soul is dissipating. Sure, I don't think I believe in true love anymore (not for me anyway), but I'm thankful that I've gotten to love and be loved passionately a few times in my life. In short, I'm moving on and focusing on me and the impact I have on others. As long as I can be the best person I can possibly be, and make some kind of tiny influence on others' lives then I will be one happy girl.

And it certainly pumps up your confidence a bit when those people you do randomly talk to or help tell you what an amazing person you are. (Not that that's why I'm doing it obviously, but it does make you feel all glowy inside.)

Oh, and the best part of all? I'm playing again. Full on kid playing. Yeah, it may involve beer nowadays, but climbing trees, breaking into abandoned buildings, and dancing barefoot in Brooklyn puddles are what I live for. Shout out to A.Y. for being my partner in crime.

And now I shall sigh happily and nurse a glass of red wine. I may go out later tonight, I may not. But right now, I couldn't ask for better company :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Keep playing, keep smiling. There is so much peace to be found in being your best self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blog. I saw you on Facebook and you are a very beautiful lady. Keep up the fight, you will make it for sure, and of course take advantage of every opportunity to get exposure for yourself. I shoot affordable marketing videos for websites all over Florida. Exposure is what I know and do for myself and others. Take care.

    ReplyDelete