Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day of the Irish


Sorry I've been slacking on posts lately! I've been working like crazy at my new serving job. I will be the first to admit that I am a TERRIBLE waitress. I have a pretty short attention span (I'm convinced to this day that I have ADD and was just never diagnosed- then again I'm a hypochondriac and am pretty much convinced I have everything. Have I mentioned the weird rash that just appeared on my leg?!) and I sometimes go back again and again to ask what it is they wanted. You would think a pen and paper would remedy this . . . but my handwriting is so bad that I can't always read what I wrote, lol. Hey, we can't all be good at everything ok? In a weird way it's kinda refreshing to find something I'm so horribly terrible at.

The first day of my webseries shoot went great. The entire cast and crew was awesome AND I was upgraded to the female lead. Alas, this means that I no longer get to make out with Mr. Belding, but I do have more lines and an additional shoot day now!

Oh, and I got a liquor tasting job too. It's pretty akin to what I did in NYC for awhile: going into liquor stores and asking customers if they'd like to sample a certain liquor. My schedule hasn't been set for that yet though so I'm not holding my breath. In this town nothing is certain until the check is in the bank.

I am so excited to go back to NYC at the end of April for the one act I'm writing. I'm working on the 2nd draft now and think I have some good stuff. It needs to be finished by tomorrow night so I have some more work to do but I'm pretty happy with it. Even though I'm not getting paid for it, I feel like it's a big step for me as a writer. It's a good feeling. And it's so weird that I'll be seeing some of my New York friends more now that I live on the west coast. One of my good friends Dlowe will be here next week, then I'll be back next month, and then one of my besties, C will be here for two weeks in May. Yay! I was so worried before about making LA my home, but I'm realizing that NYC can still be my home too. I'm working hard to make the bi-coastal thing happen.

On that note I need to get back to writing and maybe take a nap before serving a bunch of drunken a-holes tonight. Hopefully everyone will be in a chipper mood since it is in fact the day of the Irish.

No comments:

Post a Comment