Friday, March 12, 2010

Progress


Whew, what a week! A week ago today I got an agent. Sunday, I got a car. Wednesday, I booked my first acting gig, got a writing gig, and got a manager. Thursday, I got a job! Today I have a meeting at a modeling agency, an interview for a promotional gig, and my first night of training as a waitress.

So, where to begin . . . the acting gig. I booked a webseries (I'm in two episodes). I don't have a lot of lines, but it's a hilarious part. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to write about it, but suffice it to say, I will be making out with Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell. Considering the fact that many of you have been calling me Spano for years, I'm sure no one is too surprised by this fact.

Next up: writing gig. I am equally as excited by this! I am writing a one act for a theatre troupe in NYC that they will be performing the last weekend of April/ 1st weekend of May. It's non paying but I actually don't mind because it's going to be awesome seeing my written words being brought to life. And let me tell you, Wednesday was an amazing day. I spent a good five hours just writing. It was just me, the pen on paper, a couple Tecates, and some tacos. If I could just act and write for the rest of my life, I would be the happiest girl on the planet.

And finally: the job. Haha, this is hilarious. I've been stressing about money all week and was meeting a friend at the Whaler (bar on the Venice boardwalk) last night. As I walk in, I just happen to ask the bouncer if they're hiring. "Umm, I'm not sure, but you're hot so let me introduce you to the owner," was his response. Um . . . okaaaay. Turns out they were about to open the outdoor patio and were just talking about how they needed another server when I walked in. I was grilled about my serving experience and am amazed at the lies that flew out of my mouth. Apparently I have 2 years experience as a server (at Fig and Olive LL, so tell your bf to vouch for me if they call!) and 3 as a hostess. . . I've never done either. See, I knew majoring in Bullshit (aka Theatre) in college was a good idea! It got me a job . . . as a waitress. I start training tonight and tomorrow afternoon and then am being thrown to the wolves tomorrow night so I hope to god they don't realize I have no clue what I'm doing.

On that note, I need to bust my butt over to West Hollywood for a meeting. I'm still missing NYC like crazy but I am one step closer to living the bi-coastal life that I want. I can't wait to see what next week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment