Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Crazy Character . . .


Aw Man, being sick totally sucks! I've had a weird stomach thing and horrible headache going on for three days now, and me being the hypochondriac that I am, think that maybe I have the Mumps. Why? Because it's going around in NYC. Someone brought it over from across the pond in England and I have ALL the symptoms. Of course, the symptoms are the same as for a cold but that's not nearly stressful enough for me.

Anywoo, I took my sick self over to the west side last night to audition for a short film for the Public Access Station in New York. The role is that of a schizophrenic bi-polar girl who is in a therapy session. I really like the character because I don't actually think she's crazy at all- I think that she just thinks too much about how small of a particle she is in the grand scheme of the world. Anyway, I booked the role which is cool, especially since it'll be shot with a three camera set-up which I haven't done before, BUT I was told by the writer/producer that because it's for a public access station they don't have to go through my union. . . which I think may not be the case. I know that interviews done for Public Access or any show do not have to go through the union, but this isn't an interview- this is acting.

Sooo I'm not sure what to do. I guess I need to call my union to check but I suspect they're going to say it still has to go through them. Which means it may never happen. But we shall see. I hope that it does happen because I really like to script and can really relate to the character (yes, I realize I just opened myself up to all kinds of "crazy" jokes).

After my audition, the producer/writer asked me if he could interview me for his show. He apparently has his own show that's on at 1am on Monday or Tuesday nights. I said yes and we proceeded with the interview. . . which lasted an hour. I'm not really sure what the heck I said because like I said, I've been pretty sick. I do believe I gave a shout out to my Mom and Dad (and to their business www.winetrailtraveler.com), and told him all about the BF. Which inevitably led to the question, "Is marriage in the future?" So much for keeping my personal life private if I ever do make it big. I need to remember not to take cold medicine before an interview again.

We talked about sports, actors, movies, and everything across the board. I'm pretty sure that I pissed off all of New York by saying that I hate the Yankees . . . too bad I later found out this is broadcast only in New York and LA. Oops. I need a PR person. You just never know what drivel is going to come out of my mouth.

And on that note, I'm going to stop typing and try to figure out what to make/order for dinner since smelling the cats' food is making me hungry. That may sound gross, but have you ever tried baby food as an adult? Because cat food is MUCH better tasting. But that's another story for another rainy day.

This stream of consciousness I have going here is making me think I may have more in common with my new character than I originally thought. Or maybe it's just the Mumps talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment