Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yin and Yang

I have many times mentioned the ups and downs of the entertainment industry. Nothing exemplifies this yin and yang more than the past 24 hours for me. Yesterday I was cursing the entertainment gods for their cruelty and today I am joyously thanking them. Why do you ask?

Yesterday I had two auditions, 1 for a feature film and 1 for a web series. After both auditions I shook my head wondering if I'm rusty, out of "acting" shape if you will. Like I've mentioned it's been extremely slow lately. I've never had this few of auditions, even when I first moved here. Damn economy needs to bounce back soon!

So, anyway back to my yin and yang, my balancing act of light and dark. I just received a phone call from the feature film audition yesterday and I booked it!!!! Woohoo!!!!! My part is only being shot over a time span of 3 or 4 days but that is 3-4 days where I get paid to do what I love. And when I do, I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world. That is what makes the horrible days worth it. It may seem like there are more dark days than good, but the light of the good outshines the dark in a powerful way.

Umm yeah did I mention that my new character is the gatekeeper to "Eternity?" I think I'm already speaking in her terms. Expect some very philosophical entries for the next month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment