Monday, December 28, 2009

Back Burner

I realize I haven't been writing as much lately and I apologize for that. The truth is, I'm not sure what to write about anymore. My whole life has been turned upside down and around and my personal life is in such turmoil that I can't even think about my professional life at the moment. I keep hoping things will be different in LA. I'll have a fresh start. A new life. I'm leaving in a week +1 day and I still don't know where I'm living, how I'm getting a car, or how to make money. I just have a one way plane ticket and two cats. And a shit ton of clothes. I'm leaving behind some really awesome friends- the best really- and that makes me sad. I'm letting go of any resemblance to stability that I once had. It's scary.

And exciting.

Despite all of this, I am actually pretty happy at the moment. People keep expecting me to be mopey and distraught, but I have an inner calm that comes with starting my new life. I know things are going to work out. I'm going to make it one way or another. I always find a way. And I absolutely cannot wait for warmer weather. Things are going to be good. I can feel it.

I just need to find a place to live first. The writing will come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment