Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm Doing It

So, this is hard. Really hard. It’s difficult to imagine starting one’s life over from scratch. But that is pretty much exactly what I’m doing. Nothing that has been familiar or stable to me over the past few years is remaining the same. My job, my relationship, my city. Everything is changing. It feels scary, it feels horrible and sad, but it also feels right. Deep down in my soul, I know this is something that needs to be done. I need this change of environment to jumpstart my creativity. I need to get that passion for life back. I don’t know when it left or why but I’m hoping LA will help me find it.

I just got off the phone with my friend G, and she said, “If you’re doubting yourself- don’t. There is a difference between people who talk about doing it and people who actually do it. You’re doing it.”

I’m doing it. And I feel that good things are going to happen. No matter how hard it is now. And at the very least, I’ll probably have some good stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment