Wednesday, February 3, 2010

No Holds Barred

It is so gosh darn beautiful out here. I sit in my backyard every morning with my laptop while I eat my breakfast and sip my coffee and think about how peaceful LA is. It's hard to be miserable when it's so nice outside. Yeah, I still get stressed about life and how I'm going to make it, but I don't feel as pressured as I did in NYC. It's nice. And I'm paving my own way out here. Well trying to anyway. . .

I crashed an audition yesterday.

There I said it. Whew, that felt good to admit. I felt SO guilty doing it, but I happened to be with a friend of mine who was auditioning and there happened to be a role that I would be good for so I went for it. I politely thanked the casting director for letting me crash and he said, "No problem. It happens all the time." That got me thinking. Maybe I need to start crashing more auditions. I would never do it for an actual studio project but for these small low budget indies? Why not? I don't have an agent submitting me for stuff so I have to take matters into my own hands.

As a friend of mine back in NYC just emailed me: But the important things is you are out there doing it!! Put the pedal to the metal . Don't lose focus of your mission. You are there to take over the world. No one will give it to you. You gotta grab it with both hands and take it yourself.

I am taking over the world people. One motherf'ing day at a time. Success will be mine. And if I have to get it by crashing a few auditions then so be it.

No holds barred.

No comments:

Post a Comment