Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bouncing, Not Breaking

It's amazing how much your life can change in five days. Five days ago I was walking on clouds. Today, I am walking on hot coals.

Hands shaking.
Breaths shallow.
Stomach in knots.

But I will be ok. No one has ever died from a broken heart. I'll bounce back up.

And on the upside, now I don't have to shave my legs all winter and can go back to wearing comfortable grannie panties. Now I can return the cute pj's I bought to wear to Texas for Christmas. Can't return the adorable slipper sock booties though. My cats already pawed those apart.

And right now? Now, I need some time to soberly reflect on the past few days. Now, I need to be alone. I'm not going to date for a very long time. I need to be alone. I need to quell the storm in my heart. I need to stop drinking so much and bring calmness back into my life.

I had an amazing but too short relationship. I have nothing but respect for the guy I was with and wish him the greatest happiness, even if it's not with me. I guess that if you truly love someone, you have to let them go. I'm hurting now but I wouldn't take back the past three months for anything.

Thank you everyone for the kind texts and messages. I have amazing friends and I love all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment