Friday, October 22, 2010

The Complexity of Relationships


I walk a fine line on this blog of divulging too much personal information vs. being too general. My dating life since December has been absolutely soap-opera insane. Like, you can't make this shit up. I wish so much that I could share it publicly because I have a slew of hilarious stories but I have to respect other people's feelings and privacy. But suffice it to say that I went from a straight-laced military guy (wonderful person) to a hipster southern writer boy (a great guy at heart) to an indie rock band shaggy haired tattooed boy. And then there was the other writer dude and an actor boy in the mix. Oh and another southern boy too. And a few odd dates with random coffee shop boys. This may make me sound like a serial dater, but after being in a relationship for five years, I was ready to expand my horizons. I met some amazing guys. Amazing for other people, just not for me.

What bothers me though is that none of these people (except for current rocker boyfriend) are in my life anymore. I love each of them in different ways but the underlying theme is that each and every one of them were so special and important in the formation of the new E. The liberated confident E. I don't quite understand why they're not in my life anymore . . . but I guess all people can't be friends with their exes. Maybe it's too soon. Maybe everything happened too fast. Maybe I acted too psycho (well that's a definite for one of them. But I'm TOTALLY not divulging the crazy stuff I did on this blog. You'll have to wait for my tell-all biography in 20 years. And even then I might be too embarrassed to spill the crazy beans). But if I got to have a room full of everyone I love and care about, most of them would make that list.

It's a weird dynamic, that one between male and female. I mean, you don't break up with your friends and never speak to them again, right? But I guess it's difficult to go from that romantic relationship to a platonic friendship based one.

Anywoo, just some thoughts on relationships. The boy I'm dating now is the kindest/most intriguing/weirdest person I've ever met. Who knows if it will work out or if I'll end up losing another friend as time goes by.

But for true love, I'm willing to take that chance ;)

E

No comments:

Post a Comment