Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Beginning

Ah, where do I begin? A month ago, I never could have imagined how quickly my life would change. I am finally in LA after a long journey, staring out at the beach. It is beautiful here. Here, is where I am going to find my soul again. Here is where I will get over the two heartbreaks of different types I've had in the past month. Here is where I will rediscover myself and reignite my passion. Here is where I will begin my new life.

I arrived in LA last night after two long plane rides. I took my two cats with me, (sidenote *if you have a doctors note saying you need your animals with you on board for your emotional stability then they get to ride for free. As opposed to paying $175 per animal. Do you even need to ask? Of course I got the note.) a suitcase, and my purse crammed full with my laptop along with the external hard drive of my life and boarded the plane. The first flight was fine. The second was delayed by two hours. In Minnesota. Where the high was -9 degrees. No, I did not go outside. I took my cats and set up camp by the pay-phones and watched TV on my friends computer. Luckily, we boarded and left exactly two hours later. If it had been any longer then we would have been stuck in - 9 degree weather because apparently the airport was shut down because of a potential bomb (turns out it was just a bottle of honey).

Anyway, to make a long story short, I am staying with a friend of mine who is being a complete angel. I am literally on the beach. As in, I walk out the front door onto the sand. Soon, I need to find my own place and a car, but more importantly I need to find myself first. As cheesy as it sounds, its true. I need to heal my heart, find my soul, and prepare myself to kick some ass.

Because that is why I am here. It is easy to get distracted in life, but my passion for acting is the one constant I have always had. I live for the next best part. As I stare out onto the beach, I know that this is going to be a good year. It has to be. It will be a year of healing and overcoming the impossible. I will find a way to succeed.

2 comments:

  1. I love you and I am going to call you this weekend to catch up!
    catalano

    ReplyDelete