Friday, May 21, 2010

It's Time

So it finally hit me the other day. I don't have to be miserable anymore! It's totally a choice. There are people in far worse circumstances than me who make it through the day with a smile on their face, so why can't I? I can! So, here's to me being happy. Yeah, I don't have a place to live yet, but I'm lucky enough to have awesome friends and people in my life who have housed me over the past few weeks. Yeah, I don't have a real job, but I've gotten a helluva lot of freelance work considering I've only been back . . .(gasp) a month! What!?!?!?! I just looked at a calendar. I can't believe it's been a month already. I feel like it's only been two weeks. But not to panic. It must mean I'm having a pretty damn good time if time is flying by so fast.

It's time to move on from my past. It's hard. Like grasping for straws that are halfway filled with cement, but it's time. It's time to make this city mine again. I'm excited and scared and happy and nervous and inspired all at the same time. Things are not only going to work out, they're going to be great.

It's time to be my own light.

1 comment:

  1. Feeling mopey with PMS today... thanks for the uplifting reminder to pull my head outta my butt :)

    y.p.e.

    ReplyDelete