Thursday, January 6, 2011

Egg Head

So there I was. All dolled up and ready to go out. Where was I going you ask? Only to the annual holiday party of a popular soap opera. One of my friends from highschool had recently landed a contract role on the show and invited me to be his date. A chance to dress up and socialize with some of the best of the best? I jumped on it.

So there I am, trying to laugh at all the right moments, sprinkle conversation with my wit, and look glamorous when it happened. Let me preface this by saying, you can't take me anywhere. I was dancing with one of the other actors and for some reason we thought it would be a wise idea to do some 80's lifts. Bad idea in real life. Even a worse idea in a tight black dress and 4 inch heels. Long story short:

He fell. I fell on top of him. One of us grabbed the tablecloth where the bar was set up for support. A full beer bottle fell on my forehead followed by a heavy glass. There were stares. There was exclamation. There was drama. Only I would create drama at a soap party. Not the soap actors. Nope. Just lil ole E.

I then spent the rest of the evening on the dance floor with a napkin filled with ice pressed against my head. Thank you to my wonderful friend who put a fake ice napkin on his forehead too so I wouldn't feel alone.

Yep, that happened. And I had a huge egg sized bump on my forehead to prove it. That was fun to explain to the parents when I went home for Christmas.

I'm pretty sure I deserve some kind of award for getting the most klutzy injuries of 2010.

Well you can't say I didn't make an impression! Next time I need to work on making it a "good" one, lol.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Wow, you were partying hard! Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete