Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thank you

Thank you. Thank you to the person who said he needed a break of a week or two and then never spoke to me again. Thank you to the person who lied to me about going to strip clubs and getting lap dances (like I really give a shit? I care about you lying, not about you having a night out with the boys) and then telling me the truth years later. Thank you to the person that I moved to France for who left the bar and went home with another girl right in front of me. But most of all? Thank you to the person who told me he loved me, wanted to marry me, wanted me to have his children, and then decided to break up with me because he wanted to go fool around with a wrestler chic. And thank you to that same person who continues to send me texts saying, "I love you. So go fuck yourself. I really miss you."

Oh really? You love me? I'm pretty sure love means not saying hurtful things in the same sentence. You don't know the meaning of love. Let me remind you, my kind blog readers of what a nice little moral compass called the bible says of love:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

You never loved me. You just wanted to possess me. So thank you. Because you made me grow up and realize that this game of drama in relationships is something I want no part of. You fucked up. All of you. But I forgive you all. Because I'm a good person and still actually care about each and every one of you.

But most of all?

Thank you.

Because the webseries I'm going to create about all of this is going to be AWESOME.

2 comments:

  1. For a moment there I thought you were gonna go off the deep end. But that last sentence? PERFECT!!! I can't wait to watch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks. Yeah, you had to wait to the zinger at the end to get the point of it. So excited to be working on it!

    ReplyDelete