Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sparkle On

It's amazing how much your life can change in a week. A week ago I was slightly freaking out about jobs, my future, and basic life issues that girls in New York City tend to freak out about.

But this week? This week has been so amazing! I had a great performance last night, am becoming more involved with the boat (well, fingers crossed on that one- I have a meeting tomorrow), and just got offered to do my first paid solo dance piece! Ahhhhhhh!!!!! I'm so excited!! Instead of focusing my energy on finding another bar job, I focused it in my field of art and entertainment and everything is coming together! (Again, knock on some wood for me.) I mean, let's be honest. I shouldn't be working in a bar anyway. I get too into the nightlife and end up not being productive during the day. Not to mention the fact that I hate drunk annoying people.

I've also given up on romantic relationships which has given me more time to focus on myself. I'm sure from the tone of my blogs over the past few months it's obvious that I'm not over my ex. And instead of hoping things change, and wishing, and dreaming, and wasting energy on being angry and still missing him . . . well I'm just accepting that the whole situation sucks but there's nothing I can do about it. I don't think I'll ever get over this man but at a certain point you have to throw your hands up in the air and realize that it's not up to you. That the universe decides these things. It feels good to focus on getting myself together for once. So. No dating for E for the next 6 months. At least.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent. The point of this entry is that things are suddenly going well. Like better than I expected. These opportunities suddenly just fell into my lap (after some hard work) and I'm scooping them up. And now I'm going to go to the store and cook myself some dinner before going to a show tonight. Apparently I cook when I'm happy. I'm liking this :)

Oh and from spending so much time going to and participating in shows I am pretty much always covered in glitter. My childhood dream of having glitter skin is finally coming true!

1 comment:

  1. Truly enjoy your blogs E! First time commenting I think, but I've been reading for months! There is nothing like taking time for yourself, who could possibly love you more than you love yourself! My mom used to say that! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete