Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ch Ch Ch Changes . . .

Respect. All I ever wanted from my job was some sort of mutual respect.

I quit last night. I was screamed at by one of the owners in front of everyone in a very unprofessional/un-humane way and I had had enough. I finished my shift by smiling and pushing through the next 9 hours and then calmly told one of the other owners that I would not be returning. It sucks because I actually liked that place and I put a lot of heart into it. I swear it was like a breakup. There were tears. I even uttered the phrase, "I hope we can still be friends."

I've been working since I was 14 years old and have never quit a job without giving two weeks notice and having an amicable split. So this kind of blows. Whatever. Yeah it was a cool place that's totally blowing up in the cocktail world but that's not necessarily a world I want to be involved in. It's kind of snobby and pretentious to be honest. I'd rather work in a dive bar.

Anyway, so after I cleared out my locker and left for good, I walked down the street, turned the corner and CRACKLE BOOM WEEEEEEE! Fireworks. It was after all, the 4th of July. And I immediately knew I made the right decision. The first thought that popped into my head was FREEDOM!

This is for the best, it really is. I can focus more on acting and dancing now and doing things that I want to be doing instead of getting drinks spilled on me for over 40 hours a week. The big problem from here on out is money. Le sigh. The nightmares about not being able to pay rent are going to return.

The life of a NYC artist. No one ever said it would be easy.

E

No comments:

Post a Comment