Friday, September 16, 2011

My Expesive Lil Baby

I pretty much had one of the worst weeks ever. It all happened on Tuesday. I received the call. A call I've never ever ever ever gotten. I was fired. They said they couldn't disclose the reason (isn't that illegal?) but I was not to show up to any more of my shifts. Great.

Then I noticed clear cat vomit all over my apartment. Like ALL over. I picked up Jimmy and he was completely limp. Trying to stay calm, I rushed him over to the clinic where they admitted him immediately. Turns out he had swallowed TONS of thread from my sewing machine. It had wrapped all the way through his intestines and into his colon. Major major surgery. It was going to cost $1500 and if I didn't have half of it now they wouldn't take him and he would pass away. In tears, the angel of the receptionist helped me apply to an animal credit card immediately and because she worked her magic it was approved for exactly $1500.

Thank God.

My stomach has been in knots all week. It was a five hour surgery that he basically shouldn't have survived but did because he is so strong. He's home with me now and we have to make sure his bowels start working properly but he's not out of the woods.

Unfortunately, I can't stay home with him today because I (fortunately) am training for a new job. It's a bartending gig at a super awesome wine bar and I'm really nervous because it's just a trial run and I'm going to be thinking about Jimmy the whole time. But it's ok. I have to keep calm and carry on.

The perspective you get when something like this happens to someone you love is insane. I don't care about petty arguments anymore. I don't even care that I got fired anymore. My baby almost died and maybe if I hadn't gotten that call I wouldn't have woken up in time to see how sick he was.

Sigh. Ok. Off to go train. I'm really nervous. Wish me luck. And keep Jimmy in your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that is so so so so sad and upsetting!! I'm glad that lady hooked you up with the credit card. Ooof. I hope Jimmy gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete