Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bed of Nails

I laid on a bed of nails in Coney Island last week.

Yes, a bed of nails. And I loved it. I used to dream about joining the circus and read books that featured the famous Freak Bar in one of the oldest circus communities in the country.

And then . . . I got to perform there. Well, not really perform. I'm new to this whole community so I have to pay my dues, but I was a stage kitten for an amazing show. (stage kitten= stage manager as in setting up props and the like.) It was indescribable. I was in awe of the performances and felt lucky to even share the same dressing room with such talent.

Well there you have it folks. I'm making moves. Working at a kick ass bar 45 hours a week, in charge of a wine program where I get paid to sail around the city and talk about wine every Sunday, staring in an awesome film at the end of the summer, and laying in beds of nails whenever I get a free second.

I love life. And I should mention in here that I have the best friends that a girl could have. Mmmwaaaah everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment