Sunday, May 1, 2011

In the Pursuit of Truth

I could have stayed. . . The air, the gentle but trying breeze, the sweat moistening my face trickling down my neck and sticking to my dress, the music so powerful that I don't have words for, the feeling of completely raw life, smiling for three hours straight, crying and laughing through the tears . . .

Wednesday night made it into the top 15 best nights of my life.

I could have stayed . . . but T looked me in the eyes and told me it was time to stop running away. And it is. Running away has moved me from Maryland to Ireland to France to LA and to NYC. I've had a lot of adventures. But at some point I need to face the truth. So I find myself on a Sunday afternoon writing this back in Brooklyn.

But I will never forget that night. A show so amazing that it was life changing. . . Any words I have for it could never come close to doing it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment