Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Friday

What a weekend. There are too many things I want to write about so I'm going to write in sections. Early Friday morning I boarded a greyhound bus to make my way down to Delaware where I would rent a car and pick up props for the film this weekend. As soon as I got off the bus in Dover I was greeted by a wave of niceties. The bus driver kindly offered his hand to help me down the bus steps, strangers smiled and waved their hands up in greetings, and one woman even offered to take us to the rent a car station. The BF and I turned her down with a smile but she then rattled off how it wasn't a problem and that she would be going that way anyway and how a cab would cost us an arm and a leg. We exchanged glances, shrugged, and said, ok sure!

So, a kind stranger took us to the car rental place without wanting anything in return. Then the people at the rental place were very nice and accommodating (so the BF told me- I was on the phone the whole time making last minute calls for the movie. The BF said that he felt like he was chauffeuring around a business person and I have to say that it felt wonderful.) Then a lady at KFC gave me a free biscuit while smiling and saying what a pleasure it was to serve us, and then the sales people at Target, Best Buy, and Michaels were all amazingly pleasant. The BF and I were in shock the entire time. As much as I love NYC, people there are just not like this. And I've gotta say the niceness was a bit unsettleing at first for some reason. But now I love it. It's enough to make me want to move to a quiet town on the water where I can write and take a private helicopter to auditions when I have them.

Ok, must go to the beach now. I will write about the wonderfully surreal weekend of making my own film a bit later. What an amazing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment