Monday, August 31, 2009

My Breakup with My Facebook Page

Oh Facebook. I’ve been trying to work things out with you for over a month now, but you are just being unresponsive. It’s like you don’t even care anymore. I write to you everyday asking you to let me log into you again and never hear back. What has happened to us? We used to be so happy together. I remember the days when I would sneak on to see you while at work and you would always greet me with a refreshing smile. And the nights when we used to stay up until 3am typing with each other. Now the nights are long a cold.

But last night I decided it was time to move on. Facebook, I created a new account. Now, I know that this is in violation of your terms and agreements but you turned a cold shoulder on me and left me little choice.

And like a typical relationship, as soon as I moved on, you asked for me back. This morning you coaxed me into logging onto you again and after a month and a half of rejection, you let me in! Imagine my surprise, and my angst. Why is it that the moment I moved on, you came crawling back? But then, as soon as I got my hopes up, you kicked me off again. I am torn facebook. I am starting a new relationship with my new account, but we have so much history together. I don’t want to leave you, but don't see any other option. So, I will convert all my old friends to my new facebook page. I will leave the memories and photos of you behind and never turn back.

I know one day you will probably let me log into my original account again. But by then it will be too late. You had a good thing and you lost it. Goodbye Facebook page. We had a great run together, but it is time to move on.

1 comment: