Friday, August 7, 2009

Academia + Acting = Filing

Bored bored bored bored. MHDJ is soooooooooooo boring. I’m leaving for CT this evening for a weekend of filming and I wish I was there already. Seriously guys, I don’t think I can stress how boring this job is. Guess what wonderful activity my college education will be serving me this afternoon? Ready for it? Pulling Files. Yes, pulling files out of a filing cabinet. That’s all. Maybe I’ll get to do some alphabetizing. Woot woot. I hate this.

I’m the one that took all AP classes in high school and went to college on a full academic scholarship! I’m the one who wrote brilliant college essays (and some not so brilliant) and who visited my professors during their office hours. What has happened to me? The answer is simple enough: I decided to become an actress. I really need to let my pride and my ego go because they are the things that make me unhappy. I don’t want people thinking that I’m only capable of filing when I know I can be so much more! And the worst part is that people at my job treat me like dirt when I’m pretty damn sure my SAT scores were a hell of a lot higher than theirs.

But I need to take a step back and remember why I’m doing this. I’m doing it so that I’m able to survive while perusing acting jobs and going on auditions. I’m paying my dues. But, come on man. Haven’t I paid enough already? Ok, no don’t answer that Universe- you play a tricky game and I’m sure you have more in store for me. Let me just close my eyes and picture myself in CT in a few hours.

And really, when I’m on set acting it’s all so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment