Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mokumentaries, Vacation Plans, and Film. . .oh my!

I’m definitely going on vacation in August. The first part of my “vacation” will actually be me attempting to film a mokumentary that I am working on writing at the moment. What will said mokumentary be about? Crabbing of course, which is my favorite pastime, only second to acting. Only then, will my real vacation begin. Which will include me sitting on a beach, attempting to swim in the ocean, and reading good books while sipping on cold beer. I have decided to put all major life decisions on hold until I am back from vacation. Because right now I am so wound up with stress that there is no telling what I might do and regret later.

On another note, I had the opportunity to shoot with real film the other day. Most everyone uses digital now, but there is a class at NYU that teaches the ins and outs of film so it does not become a lost art form, and I acted in one of the student’s films. It was incredible. The camera that we used was probably older than me (if I was uh 20 maybe), and the noise the camera made when filming made me feel like I was in a film with Clark Gable. Except I was the only actor and it was a scene of me throwing up in a toilet, so not quite as romantic, but you get the idea. Hey, at least it was in black and white.

Alright, I must get back to MHDJ (My Horrible Day Job) and try to resist the urge to quit until I get a chance to clear my mind at the beach. Which isn’t for another three weeks.

Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment