Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Keep Making Me Better

I felt the anger gurgling in the pit of my stomach and then bubbling up until I couldn’t contain it. I’m at the part time job and just had a very unfriendly encounter with a co-worker (who is totally like Perpetua from Bridget Jones Diary). Suffice it to say, that an event I was planning was not to her liking and though she has nothing to do with said event, felt the need to yell at me and tell me that I need to change the entire thing. I took a deep breath, while ragging inside at her inappropriateness.

ME: “I can’t change an entire event that is already planned because of one person’s opinion.”
SB (Snarky Biotch): “It’s more than one. It’s like 5 or 6.”
ME: “Ok, then give me their names and I’ll address them personally.”
SB: “Umm. . . . no, I don’t . . . it’s not. . . . whatever. This is just not ok.”

And what do you ask was this argument over? The catering I ordered for an office breakfast. Apparently French toast is unacceptable. Why does it matter?!?!

I’m not used to having these emotions. The angriest I typically get is when someone walks into me on the street and that happens so often that I’m pretty used to it by now. So, though I am still shaking a bit with anger, this emotion is a bit intriguing. This whole physical reaction that makes me want to pull my lips back in a snarl and pounce astounds me. It's like a wave of something almost palpable that goes as fast as it comes.

And it completely just left me because someone walked by and gave me a free bottle of Kiehl's sunscreen. Some people rock. The others just get put away in a little trunk in my brain that I save for acting. So bring it on SB. You're only making me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment