Monday, July 27, 2009

Life

I have an anxiety problem. Is it normal to feel your heart beat increase each time you log into your email? Or feel like something is dreadfully wrong in the world because your facebook account is down? No, I’m pretty sure that isn’t “normal” but I think it’s a common problem in my generation. I used to prefer email to the telephone, but lately I’ve been wishing people would just call. Email can get confusing and muddled. That’s not to say that I don’t love email intensely. . . I think I just need an assistant. Or an intern. Or, (here’s a concept) an AGENT. People say that it will happen when you least expect it (finding the right agent is a lot like dating) but I could really use some help here. (God, ANOTHER line from my play) Lately I’ve been so fixated on the business of acting that my acting itself has been suffering.

Anywoo, it’s Monday and I’m already wishing it was the end of the week because of MHDJ. The BF actually suggested we go to the courthouse to get married so I could get on his health insurance plan and leave my job. Not the most romantic proposal I’ve had (oh you wish you knew), but I did find myself considering it for a few days. Then I decided that I’d rather have a real wedding and a real proposal when we’re both ready for it. Although the insurance is rather tempting . . .

When I was in Boston for the day on Friday, my Mom made a comment about this blog being too “risqué.” It was quite a funny conversation and even funnier when my Mom said, “But your younger brother assured me that it’s not all true.” Lol, thanks Kev for trying to cover for me. However, I assure you that all my blog posts are true. If anything, I leave out too much in fear of offending someone or in maintaining the privacy of others.

On that note, I should get back to MHDJ so I don’t get fired and end up in a courthouse. Peace out.

Addendum: I was just looking up a link for the NYC courthouse and found this:

Are cousin marriages legal?
Yes, cousin marriages are allowed.
Are same sex marriages legal?
No, same-sex marriages are not allowed.

Seriously? I mean, I know same-sex marriages aren’t legalized yet in NYC, but they would rather you marry your cousin???? That’s just not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment