Thursday, July 16, 2009

Working Week

Sorry for the lack of posts this week. Writing that reminds me of when I'd forget to write in my diary as a girl and apologize to it. As if it had feelings too. This week has been a busy one. Tuesday was Opening Night for my play and I was actually surprised that it ran so smoothly. Opening nights can sometimes feel like dress rehearsals but we had a pretty full audience and everyone's performances were spot on. It's still a bit too long in my opinion, but such is life.

In other news, I'm an Aunt for the first time! My older brother and his wife had a beautiful baby boy yesterday and I am so excited to meet him! I don't know when that will be but I'm going to try to take off a day and grab the bus up to Boston to meet the little guy.

If it sounds like I'm low on energy, it's because my job is draining me. I wonder how long it will take me to stop complaining and actually do something to fix it, but at this moment in the economy I just can't afford to quit. Especially since I live in the pricey East Village.

Funnily enough today at work, someone that I had auditioned for a few months ago came in for a meeting. He remembered me (though I had to ask him who he was because I'm not the best with faces) and after searching my memory of auditions, I realized it was a hilarious one because it was back when I was taking ambien and I was a bit "high" off of it during the audition. I didn't get the part, lol. But hey, at least he remembered me!

Alright, J.K. Rowling is making me a wee bit weepy (just finished watching "J.K Rowling: A Year in a Life"- very inspirational), and I'm sweating since it's the middle of summer in NYC and I still don't have an air conditioner, so I'm off to relax in front of a good book. (I'm currently obsessed with the Sookie Stackhouse series and seriously wish vampires and werewolves actually existed.)

I'll try not to be as lame with the entries next week. In the meantime, I'll be dreaming about Supernatural Creatures and wishing my boyfriend was a werewolf. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment