Friday, July 17, 2009

Living in Me

Yesterday, I was a flapper girl from the 20's, a hippie from the 60's, and a diner waitress from the 50's. Not an acting gig actually- just a casting for a costume catalogue. Which may just be the best job ever. I doubt I'll get it because there were about a million girls there, but it was fun to try stuff on and reminded me of how my sister and I used to play dress up when we were kids. "So much has changed since then . . . but nothing has changed at all."

That's totally a line from my play and I didn't even realize it until after I typed it. I am so easily influenced by the characters that I play. It's kinda scary that I can lose myself so easily, but I guess that's what makes me a good actress. Like the time last month, when I filmed a short film where I played a total bitch and then came home and was an ass to the BF and had no idea why. Or after playing an MI-6 agent for a week, I found myself walking down the streets of NYC thinking to strangers, "Don't even think about giving me that look cause I can take you down!"

My character in my current show is a basket case who finally comes to terms with being molested when she was a child. It's some depressing shit. It's awesome to play and a tad bit emotionally draining. Though I love my part, I think I'll be in a much lighter mood in my "real" life when the show is over, simply because she won't be living in me any more. The lines of what I consider my real life have been blurred lately, however so who knows.

I can't think of anything else to say right now because my entire brain in focused on characters from the books I'm reading. I'm seriously a bit peeved that vampires and weres don't actaully exists. Life would be so much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment