Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weekend Roundup

I had another, “Wow, I’m an actress in NYC” moment Friday night. It was during the curtain call on the closing night of my play. The house lights went up and I looked out into the audience and was filled with joy at an almost full house clapping for me. It was a satisfying moment.

Then I went to my cast party, got back my apartment at 2am and decided to catch a bus to Maryland right then and there. I was supposed to go back for a wedding the next day anyway, but leaving in the middle of the night made the bus ride much more bearable. Maryland was great. It was wonderful just staying in my parents’ house, relaxing, and eating good home cooked food. I needed it.

Within five minutes of getting back in the city, my cab driver got into a verbal altercation with another car and then almost killed us. Typical welcome back from the city. But, I needed to get back to work on my next projects anyway. I’m acting in a thriller this weekend in CT, which is going to be awesome (fresh air, a summer house, and being chased by bad guys- what more could you ask for?).

In addition to that I really need to get my act together with this crab movie that I’m writing, producing, and acting in. . . I don’t know why I thought I could be a Mel Gibson. It’s incredibly difficult doing all of it myself and I really hope I can pull it off. It’s costing me a hell of a lot more money than I had projected so it better damn well come out well.

Alright, back to watching the Deadliest Catch for film research while Fergie is curled up in my lap. Though I may complain a lot, I really do have the best job in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment