Friday, September 4, 2009

Ahh Friday



It's a beautiful day here in NYC. The kind that makes you want to ditch everything you had planned and spend the day having a picnic in a park. But alas, I need to keep MHDJ for a few more months. I've decided that I'm going to find as many crazy weird jobs as I can between now and January and just save as much as I can before doing the bi-coastal thing.

Anyway, it's almost the start of labor day weekend and tonight I'm going to a half priced extended happy hour that my friend won at a bar. Should be fun. Then tomorrow morning, the BF and I are taking a bus to Atlantic City and then meandering over to Smithville, NJ for a wedding.

I didn't know what to expect from a place named Smithville, but their website does not disappoint. I got very excited when I saw that there's a mini-train that takes you around town and there are historical reinactments of the civil war. I find myself wishing that we could stay more than one night. Maybe I can camp underneath the stars with the civil war reinactors. Oooh, and I could wear a pretty hoop dress and make bread over a fire and everything! Something tells me I won't be able to convince anyone else to do this with me . . .

I am a wee bit disapointed that it's not on the beach. I got less than a week of beach time this year and certainly could have used more. Maybe I'll get to shoot a cannon like I did in Colonial Williamsburg when I was little. Oh yes. I can smell the gunpowder now.

Is it any wonder that I'm an actress?

No comments:

Post a Comment