Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Blood Rage

Have you ever had that overwhelming feeling that suffocates when you really don't want to do something? That mixture of dread and anxiety that almost leaves you breathless? It's happening to me right now about a promotional job I'm supposed to be working next week at fashion week. Last years fashion week was a blast- I worked inside the tent pretending to be a french model and got to speak with a fake french accent. This year, they're putting me outside the tent to give out samples, and though the money is very good, I'm half tempted to turn it down. You see, I don't do outdoor sampling. Oh I have . . . plenty of times. But it took me getting trampled on by crowds rushing for free stuff a couple of times before I finally pledged to myself never to do it again in New York City.

Few things upset me more than a stranger physically touching me in an agressive way. An anger clouds over me where I start seeing everything in red. This happens even when it's an accident- I can't help but feel the rage taking over my body. Then I inevitably say something I shouldn't when I'm on the job. This is why I'm not sure if I should take this job this year . . . it's just that the money is so good . . . but is it worth it? Maybe it is. I'll have to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment