Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Cockroaches Are Coming

I just looked at my calendar and realized it’s already Thursday. And I’m an idiot. I thought I had a casting today and got all ready for it, only to find that it was yesterday. At least it was for modeling and not acting, but it still sucks because I haven’t been on an audition in awhile. And I HATE feeling irresponsible. Hate it.

I’ve been floundering around for the past week, not really sure what to do with myself. I’ve opened countless “acting” books from college, decided I want new headshots, looked with misery at my bank account in realization that I can’t afford new headshots, and stared out the window for an entire hour. Oh, and I also witnessed my kitten eating a cockroach. Yummy.

I need to get the ball rolling. Or maybe, I’m just reserving my energy for the next week since Fashion Week just began and starting tomorrow I’ll be working 12 hour days between FW and MHDJ for a week. The transition between summer and fall has always been a hard one for me. I so badly want the lazy hot days of summer to stay, and though it’s still not technically fall, there is a coldness in the wind that lets me know it’s Time to Hunker Down.

It’s a sure sign that the weather is changing when the roaches start appearing. I think I’ll be avoiding my kitten’s kisses for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment