Sunday, November 22, 2009

30 ROCK(S)!

I broke bread with the cast of 30 Rock yesterday. I don't think I've ever been star struck, but this came pretty close. When I first saw members of the cast I didn't even think twice because I see them every Thursday night in my living room and feel like we're good friends. Of course, they have no clue who I am nor do they probably care, but it was a comforting feeling.

Jane Krowkowski said my name. Lutz and I joked about a dried fish on the table. Kenneth told me he was going to throw his pumpkin pie on the floor so I couldn't have any and I told him he was cruel. And the best moment of all . . . I was standing behind Tina Fey in line for Thanksgiving Turkey and turkey grease was accidentally splashed on her hand. She looked at me and then licked her hand in true Tina fashion. Then I told her that she had some in her hair and she laughed and said, "conditioner." I seriously love her. She is so funny even in real life. But she's serious too in a way that let's you know that she is smart and knows what she is doing.

It's so important for females to have a role model in this industry and I don't think I really had one until Tina. She's an amazing writer, actress, comedian, and producer. I mean just look at everything she's done in the past 10 years. And she's a wife and a mother. She has worked hard to be where she is and she is truly an inspiration.

I know I sound slightly obsessed but I am just so happy to finally have someone to look up to in this industry. It gives me hope. And in this crazy world, sometimes hope is all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment