Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am writing this from the BF's grandmother's house in MD where I have found myself twiddling my thumbs for the past couple days. Normally I love the quiet solitude of the country, but for some reason I am finding myself restless this time. Probably because so much of my life is about to change and I'm eager to get started on it.

We have come to the day where everyone is supposed to go around their table and say what they are thankful for. I am thankful for so much. I have a wonderful life and am surrounded by great people. I am so grateful that I have a roof over my head and good food to eat, especially when so many people in the world do not. But . . . I'm feeling restless. There is a turmoil in my soul that I have been trying to quiet but it keeps getting louder. Maybe that's why I'm eager to get back to nyc. The outside turmoil on the streets matches that of my soul. I need to get started on the next phase of my life. 2010 (can you believe it's already almost 2010???) is going to be a good era. I need to focus more, concentrate on living my life to the fullest.

That being said, this year I am thankful for my wonderful family and friends. I love so many people in my life and am so grateful to have all of you. Now go eat some good food and reflect on all the things you're thankful for. There are so many.


No comments:

Post a Comment