Sunday, November 8, 2009

Now is the Winter of Our Discontent


(Ok, I know it's not winter quite yet but just go with it.)

To say I've been confused about life lately is an understatement. I've been saying for awhile that some sort of change is happening but I guess that change is coming from within me, not necessarily outside forces. I think part of my recent discontent is that though I've done dozens of indie films, I have yet to see a completed one that I proud of my performance in. I am never satisfied with my work when I see it onscreen. There is always something more I could have done or something I shouldn't have done at all. I guess it's like that with any artist though . . . your work never seems to be complete.

I also think that I need to find a hobby. Because constantly obsessing over my next gig is driving me crazy. So . . . rock climbing? Sky diving? Adopting a billion kittens in my tiny apartment? I need something . . .

And on that note, I have to go get ready for a photoshoot. Should be fun. I play a lesbian flirting with another girl in a bar. I'm actually friends with the girl I'll be flirting with so I'm sure good times and hilarity will ensue. And with that, I will leave you with a little tidbit of a conversation between me and my friend, N at MHDJ on Friday:

ME: I just love when people insult my intelligence. News Flash: I'm actually pretty smart.

N: It's because you are an actress and in the old days they were dumb prostitutes.

And scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment