Monday, March 16, 2009

First Post

I have decided to start a blog. Now, I don't know if this actually means anything because I tend to start a lot of things and then forget about them. Like that time I decided to start selling vintage clothes and then kept them all for myself, or when I made a bunch of jewelry to sell but now it sits deep within my closet, or when I wanted to move to Africa and help starving children but balked at the prices of the plane ticket. Things that I am impassioned about for days and then just forget about.

That being said, I'm not as lazy as I just made myself sound. Acting is the one thing that I have and never will abandon. It is the thing that makes me wake up in the morning and smile (or cry) when I go to sleep. I am also extremely active in living my life. In the past five years I have moved from Baltimore to Northern Ireland where I taught children while studying theatre, studied abroad in France, traveled to countless countries, been a motivational speaker, moved to NYC, and been in over 10 plays and 25 independent films. Oh, and I've also had about 50 different "survival" jobs.

Throughout all of this, the weirdest and most insane things seem to happen to me. I constantly find myself in bizarre situations that when I take a step back, I laugh and ask "is this really my life?" Why yes, yes it is. Throughout all the laughter, tears, successes, failures, exuberance, and sadness I can say that this is my life. This is me pursuing my dreams and I will not give up.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read some of your "is this really my life?" stories!!

    ReplyDelete