Saturday, March 28, 2009

We're all Crazy

I stand corrected. It appears that “Thank you” can mean a number of things. I received the nicest email from the director of the play I auditioned for last week when I was “thanked.” In the email she stated that I was “clearly an extremely talented actor” and though they went with someone else for the role, she wanted to keep my info on file for a future production. Receiving an email like that is extremely rare. The “no news is good news” phrase does not apply in showbiz. No news means you didn’t get the part- no one ever emails you to say you weren’t the one, so I was pretty happy to get this email.

Then, a few hours later, I received a call and an email from the casting director of a film I auditioned for a few weeks ago. I didn’t think they liked me at all since at the end of my audition I got the nod and infamous “thank you.” But, apparently they thought I was “wonderful” and can’t wait to see me read again at the callbacks. Yay! So, moral of the story is that auditioning isn’t a black and white business. “Thank you” in one case can mean “I hate you” and in another mean, “I love you.”

No wonder all of us actors are crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment