Monday, March 30, 2009

Dance On


One of my friends B, is a modern dancer and joined a company last fall. Up until her show last weekend, she had specifically told me that I was not allowed to see any of her shows because she didn’t feel ready, so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. OMG. This woman is a brilliant dancer. I’ve always loved dance, but I was more utterly moved than ever before while watching B make radiant lines and shapes to live music. Even the BF, who had never seen a modern dance performance, sat riveted on the edge of his seat.

Every time B came onstage, my eyes filled with tears. It was such an unexpected rush of emotion. In a city where everything is so rushed and hard in these tough economic times, it was refreshing to come back to raw artistic roots. Back to basic emotion. I want to be a dancer now. Is it too late to change professions? No, j/k, though I would love to take some dance classes.

The parents are coming into town for two nights so I should have some interesting stories to tell soon. Oh, and I owe the IRS $2,000 in taxes. I guess I really do have to start that detox now since I won’t be able to afford alcohol after all. Oh and also, and I have my second improv class tonight so I’ll be sure to make a fool out of myself at least twice so I have something juicy to report back to you. Until then my friends . . . dance on.

1 comment:

  1. I don't stalk you, but I might stalk "B".
    And I totally agree, it's amazing to watch her dance.

    ReplyDelete