Thursday, June 4, 2009

How Do You Tell a Friend You Don't Like Her BF?

You blog about it! Haha, not really.

I absolutely detest one of my friend’s boyfriends. I have tried to like him time and time again but I’m tired of trying. I usually get along with everyone and I stay away from the “he said, she said” type gossip, but this man seems determined to be on my bad side. He is the most pretentious human being I have ever met in my life. He is the king of back handed compliments and I can’t think of a single interaction I have ever had with him where he didn’t manage to insult me. You would think that I would take everything he says with a grain of salt, but no matter how much I try, he always manages to get under my skin.

The thing that sucks is that I really love my friend but don’t get to see her very often because I don’t want to see him. I deal with enough negativity in my industry; I don’t need anymore from a silly boy. But how do you tell someone you don’t like their partner? You don’t. You pretend to be supportive because you love her and you want what makes her happy. Relationships are tricky. The worst thing a girl can do is try to make her friend choose between her and her man and I would never dream of doing that.

I don’t remember having these issues when I was younger. When we were all in high school all my friends told each other exactly what they thought about each others current boyfriends without a thought to it. But I suppose now it’s different. Now many people are choosing life partners, not just some high school fling.

Thanks loyal readers for letting me vent. I had to get that off my chest ☺ Maybe I should just stick with my cats who don’t have these kinds of issues. I can totally understand why some women become cat ladies. I may just turn into one myself.

2 comments:

  1. Funny you talk about this, because I feel the same way about another friend of mine who just got back with her boyfriend after the fifth or sixth time breaking up. So you still planning on making a trip home soon. I am definitely still around that weekend and we have a spare room in the house.
    Catalano

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's so frustrating! I don't think we're going to make it down after all that weekend because we are so tight on finances at the moment. We'll definitely be down sometime in August, though I'm hoping to come down before then as well.

    ReplyDelete