Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekends

I had a very productive weekend which included a callback, having lunch with an old friend, celebrating another friends b-day, doing laundry (HUGE), hosting a mojito/fondue party, and a surprisingly good amount of sleep. It feels great to know I actually got stuff done this weekend, as opposed to sleeping it away and watching movies like I usually do.

My callback was fun. The problem is that I can never tell how I do. And it is always really weird to check out the competition when you’re that far along (it was the 2nd callback- the producer and writer flew in from LA). It appeared that it was between me and another girl and I LOVED her. I of course didn’t see her audition but she had that certain Je ne sai quoi. I wanted to be bff’s with her, and I can totally see why she would be perfect for the part. I think it’s always better to get along with your competition. There’s really no reason to be snarky and competitive unless you’re trying to psych out your competition, which I suppose some people do. But I would much rather someone that I like get a part over me as opposed to someone who's an asshole. Then again, I would rather get the part myself, but we shall see what happens!

Last night the BF and I hosted a fondue and mojito night. About half the people that were supposed to come showed up, which is probably a good thing since we have a tiny apartment. I saw a few people that I hadn’t spoken to in awhile simply because our lives have been so hectic. Two of my friends and I met 2 ½ years ago doing a play and it’s amazing how much our lives have changed since then. Well, it’s amazing how much their lives have changed. Mine actually seems kinda mundane in comparison. One of them decided that medicine was actually her true passion and is now going to med school. The other informed me that he may be moving to Serbia in a couple months for a girl. I’ve been itching for a change lately and it seems like everyone else has been too. Maybe it’s time to put those LA plans into action. . .

Anywoo, its Monday morning now and I’m at my soul sucking part time job. Sometimes I feel that the words I write on this page are the only escape I have from this silly corporate world that I do not belong to. I wish I could be skipping barefoot through a park right now. . . . but that will have to wait until the next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment