Monday, June 1, 2009

Popcorn


So tired. I shot a short film yesterday and was on set for 13 hours and am now contentedly exhausted. It is a hilarious film, directed by THE KEV, a gentleman I have had the pleasure of working with before. The entire cast and crew got along so well and the entire day was filled with hilarity. During some of my downtime, I curled up on the couch, listening to the low murmur of everyone’s jumbled speech and signed happily. It reminded me of taking naps after Thanksgiving dinner at home when the whole family is talking merrily and a feeling of comfort overtakes you. That speaks loads for the people I was working with.

Anywho, now back to the part time job and wishing I was on a set. Tonight is the world premier of a film where I get to play an MI-6 agent. I’m very excited to see it. Though, I’m a bit surprised that I have to pay to see my own movie. I can just see myself now going to the box office and saying, “Yes, I’d like one ticket please to the 6pm showing of MY movie. Nine dollars? Terrific!” And it’s in Jersey- the land of the lost. And by that, I mean that I get lost every single time that I have ever taken a bus there. I expect tonight shall be no different.

I have to say that the idea of people eating popcorn and sitting in a movie theatre watching me is thrilling. And it’s the popcorn part of it that thrills me. I don’t know why. I guess popcorn just makes it feel more real. Now let’s just hope I can stay awake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment