Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Champagne is Exhausting


I am so incredible stressed out with my million and one jobs right now. I spent the day yesterday sipping $200 champagne and though that may sound like the best day in the world to most of you, it was exhausting. Because not only was I sipping, I was pouring at a trade event. Put hundreds of wine professionals in a room together and pop the good stuff and you’ve got close to a riot on your hands. And I was the only one manning this particular expensive champagne table. I can’t believe how greedy people can be when they sense free expensive stuff . . . then again if I was on the other side of the table, I probably would have stomped down a few people as well.

So after being on my feet yesterday for 7 hours and left with a painful throbbing in my right arm, I made my way home to our babies . . . oh right. I forgot to mention that I adopted another kitten this weekend. Because I’m insane. I saw her online during my insomnia battle Friday night and fell in love immediately so on Saturday morning I rushed over to the animal shelter and adopted her right away. Boy was the BF surprised when I came home with another cat . . . but he already loves her. She’s so tiny- only about 7 inches long- a real baby . . . well a real cat baby anyway.

So yesterday after rushing home (stopping by a bar first to grab a beer with the BF because clearly after pouring expensive champagne all day what one really needs is a beer), I tried to get some work done and promptly felt my eyelids drooping. It only took me about an hour to fall asleep last night (mainly because I was worried about the kittens who have gross ear mites) but when I did, I was out. Which is awesome because I finally slept, but not so awesome because I didn’t get any work done last night. I still need to write three articles for http://www.winetrailtraveler.com/ about another wine event I attended on Sunday, send in photos from the event yesterday to different wine company I work for, plan this damn company craft fair which is tomorrow, go to an “acting as business” seminar tonight, print out labels for the candles I made, look over a script for a recent film I got in, do a million other things, and somewhere in the mix try to exfoliate and pluck tonight since I have a photoshoot on Thursday. I’m exhausted.

Man, I wish I had kept some of that champagne from yesterday.



PS- Where in the world do some of these men that I meet get their manners?!?! Yesterday I got everything from an older man inviting me back to his hotel room to "pour champagne in his mouth", to another one asking me out and then retorting, "Fuck your boyfriend" to another saying that because I work in the wine industry I must be promiscuous! What is wrong with people? I will never understand men like that. Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment