Friday, May 1, 2009

Dance dance dance!


I am on such a high right now. I just got back from one of the funnest (is that a word?) auditions I’ve ever had. And here’s the thing- it was for dance. That’s right folks, E went to a dance audition and actually liked it! I try to avoid dance auditions at all costs because though I have the passion I do not have the technique. I excel in clubs, not in front of a ballet mirror. But today was different. It was for a movement group that does amazing performance art and they wanted to see passion. I was even actually asked to stay for the second round! It was so cool.

During the audition, I asked the choreographer if she could help me on the next round because I was not a dancer and “had no idea what I was doing.” She and the artistic director both exclaimed, “No, you’re doing great! We had no idea you weren’t a dancer!” I was shocked and it gave me the confidence to really be into what I was doing the next round instead of worrying about what they were thinking. I probably shouldn’t have told them I wasn’t a dancer though, Oh well. I doubt I’ll be cast because there are only two female roles and there were many many girls who were all professional and amazing, but I’m so glad I went.

I’m off the to the Tribeca Film Festival in a bit to see a documentary about actresses. Should be interesting. Hopefully it won’t be too depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment