Friday, May 15, 2009

Unexpected Eggs

Remember when I wrote that I always seem to find myself in the oddest of situations? Case in point- yesterday I stopped by the grocery store (a very rare occasion in and of itself) to pick up some essentials for the weekend: Mac & Cheese, bread, yogurt and as a treat to myself some juicy ripe strawberries. As I fumbled with the items in my arms (because of course I didn’t pick up a cart) I pass someone who smiles at me oddly and I head towards to check out line. Two seconds later the smiling lady tapped me on the shoulder.

“Hi! I’m from the New York Post and we’re doing an article on the rising prices of eggs. Would you mind posing for a picture with some eggs?”

Umm, of course I wouldn’t mind! Any opportunity for a newspaper to take my photo is very much welcomed. Even if it is in a grocery store with no make-up on and unwashed hair. We proceed to the egg isle with the photographer in tow and I pose for various photos looking angry/confused/intensely at the eggs. The photographer met each pose with, “Oh yes, that’s the one! There you go! Keep it going!”

Yes, this is correct. I had an impromptu photo shoot in the middle of the grocery store. Then I gave my two cents on rising prices of eggs (which is actually kinda insane since they apparently went up by 50% this month), was handed a business card with well wishes and promises to keep in touch, and I was off. Who knew that going to the grocery store offered so many opportunities?! I should have started going long ago! The cool thing is that the reporter said if I have any feature films coming out then to give her a call and she’d do an article about them. Yay for grocery store contacts! If the egg article made the cut then it should be in the paper today. I’ll be sure to buy a copy.

In other news, I had an intimidating audition in front of 50 people on Wednesday for a NYC theatre festival. I was called back for one of the plays yesterday and today I had my second audition with them. It was AWESOME! It was held in the Equity building (theatre union) which is a scary place, but as soon as I got into the audition room I felt right at home. They said my performance was exactly what they were looking for, that I nailed it and they would hopefully be in touch. Whether I get it or not, it feels great to rock an audition.

The weird thing about the egg photoshoot is that I actually didn't find it odd at all. It was just another day in the life. Albeit a very strange life.

1 comment:

  1. E,

    Things like this only happen to you! LOL! I've been to the supermarket many times and no opps like this have ever arisen!!!

    ReplyDelete