Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Need an Adventure!


I look at my life now and wonder where all the adventure went. Ok, that’s not really true. I did after all have a very eventful weekend that involved sunbathing (with SPF of course- SIDENOTE: ALL of you need to be wearing at least SPF 30 every single time you’re in the sun and I don’t want to hear any excuses. Last summer after only spending 4 days in the sun with SPF 15, I got pre-melanoma. Yeah, that should scare you.) Right, so on with it. My weekend involved sunbathing, jazz bands, ping-pong, amazing Cuban food, even better Mojitos, and a missing BF (as in I couldn’t find him at 6:30am).

So yeah, it was eventful. But I do seem to remember back in the day when I was taken in for questioning at Heathrow because I jokingly said I was a gypsy (hey, the damn customs guy kept asking me stupid questions so I was just trying to lighten him up a bit), spending the night in a Dublin prison (by my own choice, thank you very much), playing with snakes, and dancing on bars singing my heart out to Shut Up by the Black Eyed Peas while scanning the club for my ex-French boyfriend. (whom will now be referred to in this blog as TBFD (The Big French Douche).

I miss those adventures. And I can’t for the life of me figure out why I don’t have them anymore. Is it because I’m more stationary in my home now with less flexibility for travel? Is it because I now have a serious BF and am not always on edge wondering what’s happening with TBFD? Or is it simply because I’m maturing? I’m not sure, but I am making a pledge to live it up this summer. Prepare yourself for some craziness. Of course it will have to happen in-between filming a short, play rehearsals, performances and the part time job, but I will make it happen! I will not let me sleeping in jail be the last eventful thing in my life. PREPARE YOURSELVES!!!

1 comment:

  1. my guess is because your not in th beach house with all of your other fellow gypsies. There's always august 14th....

    ReplyDelete