Thursday, April 9, 2009

Birthdays!



Today is my birthday! Now, usually I’m not as excited about this event because for the past six years my birthdays have included: getting in a cat fight with a random girl, being broken up with, getting sick, and just not being that into it. But this year is different. I can feel it. This morning I woke up and the BF presented me with his grand plan of getting me a kitty. We’re picking it out on Saturday and I’m so excited! I’ve never owned an animal except for fish. I’ve been trying for years now to keep plants alive to no avail so let’s hope I do better with the little feral creature.

Last night I went to my first trivia night in the East Village. It was loads of fun and we came in 4th, though it was not due to any help from me. My main move was to nod my head when my team members wrote down an answer, saying “yes, yes it’s definitely that!” I think I actually only really knew one answer. But it was definitely fun and I ran into a friend of mine I used to work with. I’ve been running into people in my neighborhood lately and it’s so nice to start developing a sense of community, which I definitely didn’t have in Queens.

The rest of the week is going to be crazy- tonight is mechanical bull riding for my birthday, Friday night is a Zombie High Party (complete with a zombie school bus), Saturday is an important callback, Sunday is Easter at my place, and Monday is my first improv performance. I’m just loving and living life to the fullest right now. Alrighty, I need to go memorize 30 pages of dialogue for my callback before tonight’s shenanigans begin. Oh, and the weather gods are on my side today! It was snowing yesterday but today it is gorgeous out!

1 comment:

  1. are you in the east village now? awesome. enjoy the old neighborhood, great people still live there

    ReplyDelete