Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Living Forever




Why is it that so many of us yearn to be immortalized? I think about all the performers I know- actors, musicians, writers, painters and all of us want to be remembered. In fact, it is one of our driving forces. Is it because we are afraid of death? I know that I’m petrified that in 100 years when I am gone that my story will not live on. Maybe part of this fear is due to me not knowing much about my heritage. Sure I know that I’m part Irish, English, French and German, but who were those people? What were their stories? How did they live?

Maybe that’s why I love telling stories. I want to prove that life is more than just surviving. That life has some kind of infinite meaning that will last even after we’re all gone.

I think I have a bit of a concentration problem. I just realized that as I am typing this blog entry I'm also signing into the SAG website to change my address, updating my calendar to remind myself to pay SAG dues next week, planning a company event for my part time job, checking three of my email accounts, and of course signing into facebook. All at the same time. Literally- I have eight different windows open. No wonder it’s not even 3pm yet and I already want a drink. Yes, I know I’m slightly crazy . . . but aren’t all good artists?

No comments:

Post a Comment