Monday, April 27, 2009

Kitty!


I have the COOLEST kitten ever. We got him from a shelter so he is used to life in a cage, and when we let him loose in our apartment he went crazy! He’s been running around the apartment for hours chasing his tail. He’s so funny. And he already thinks I’m his Mommy and has been cuddling up to me. I just got back from an audition and as I was walking home, I was thinking about the joy that was waiting for me. I never thought I was a cat person, but I guess I was wrong!

My audition went well, knock on wood. It was an emotional journey, as many auditions are and I was left feeling a bit gloomy afterwards. Having to go through intense emotion at the snap of your fingers always leads to a bit of a let down. But it was well worth it. I just love auditions. I know that sounds weird, but I do. Acting even for a couple of minutes is still wonderful to me.

The director gave great feedback and then said something very interesting. He told me that I have a very warm ambiance to me and wanted me to switch it off for part of the script. It’s interesting that people see me as warm- I mean, yes I am a warm person, but God knows I’m not always like that. I have my dark side as well that not many people have seen but is definitely there. What is interesting to me is that I put up such a wall of happiness that it’s hard for people to see the darkness. This is good in normal life, but I need to make sure that those dark emotions can be seen by casting directors as well. Unfortunately, sometimes first impressions are the strongest and when I walk in the door happy-go-lucky, I’m immediately typecast. But it’s my job to change that.

Ok, enough philosophizing for now. I’m going to go play with my adorable kitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment