Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Haunted


I never thought I’d say this. Never. I have hated improv ever since I started doing it in the 6th grade. But here it comes. I think. . . I might . . . actually like it. My performance Monday night was so much fun. And curiously, I never even got nervous, which is mind boggling (though that could be due to the shot of tequila I had before the show). It leads me to believe that the reason I get nervous before other shows is because I must fear forgetting my lines. But take away memorization and I’m ready to go! After jokes about orangutan flavored cupcakes (that’s for you JK), slapping of immigrants, and pinching nuns I was pumped. I expected to feel relieved at the end of the performance but instead I wanted more. There are already talks between members of the class to start up an improv troupe and I am planning on registering for some classes at UCB. Yay.

In other news, a ghost is haunting me. Literally. Two summers ago (or was it last summer? I dunno, time is flying by) I played the leading role in a pretty awesome film about a lighthouse keeper. It was based on a real legend that people of the town swear is true. I played the wife of the lighthouse keeper, who cheated on him which led to his death. When we were filming on location I heard voices in a graveyard. Thinking it was just my imagination, I was the butt of many jokes for the rest of the day. But then at night in my hotel room, the TV mysteriously turned on in the middle of the night and guess what was on? You got it- Ghost Hunters. A couple other strange things happened that led me to believe that the film was haunted but now I am certain.

Last night I was over at the apartment of a director friend of mine, "The Kev" looking over my films so he can update my reel. We put the dvd of this very film into the dvd player and the title page popped up as normal. The dvd started playing and then suddenly stopped and went back to the menu page. But wait, this isn't the menu page!!! In place of "Play Movie" it says "THE CREEPY MAN." I swear I am not making this up. It said the creepy man. Not kidding. So my friend The Kev says, "I'm ejecting it- this is freaking me out." The dvd drawer opened and THERE WAS NOTHING THERE! We opened and closed it several times and finally it appeared but then when we moved to grab it, the dvd player quickly shut again and opened to nothing. A.H. (the director of said movie)- I hope you're reading this blog entry. Remember at the film premier you outed me to the audience by saying I was paranoid that I was being haunted? DOES THIS SOUND LIKE PARANOIA TO YOU?!?!?! At least this time I have a witness.

Maybe I can use this sometime in an improv.

No comments:

Post a Comment