Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Blur


I’m obsessing over my callback for a film from last Saturday. Every so often a part that really speaks to me comes along and when I’m in the top few to be called back I get way too excited. My callback was good acting wise, though I’m not too sure I looked so great due to zombie partying the night before. But that’s my own fault. I know that they had callbacks in LA too so I’m not getting my hopes up. If anything, it’s cool to know that they liked me enough to call me back.

This past week was crazy. It’s all been a blur to be honest. Thursday was my birthday at Mason Dixon and yes, I rode the bull. And I was really good. I stayed on for awhile until I yelled, “I’m great at this!” in which turn the operator proceeded to quickly up the speed X’s 10. But I didn’t fall off. I gracefully slid off onto my two feet. It was quite an accomplishment.

Friday night was a zombie high school party. Everyone had to dress up like a high school character zombified. The BF was a skater zombie and I was a punk rock zombie. Then we were all picked up in a zombie school bus. It was insane. Like any high school event, getting ready was half the fun. And I have to say that the look of torn fishnets and black shorts kinda grew on me.

Then came Easter Sunday. Oh, Easter. Wherever do I start. I was raised Catholic but don’t really know what I am now. Like many, I have my doubts about religion and am just flat out confused. But, my good ole’ Catholic guilt came out to play on Sunday so I decided to go to Church in honor of Easter. I dragged the BF with me (he was raised Mormon and now is anti-religion, but that’s a blog entry for another time), and we wandered into an interfaith church. Wow. I had never in my life been to anything like this. It wasn’t just church, it was performance art. There was an incredibly diverse crowd and it was awesome to see everyone getting along and singing and dancing and shouting Amen! Then the gospel choir performed and OMG. They were brilliant. Everyone got up and danced and it was about to turn into an all out dance party when the preacher began her sermon. I wish I had a video of this because words are simply not enough at a moment like this. She said that she wanted to clear up something about Mary Magdalene. Mary, according to her, had gotten a bad rap. Then she exclaimed, “Mary was not a ho!” She said ho in church. HO. You definitely wouldn’t have heard that in a Catholic mass!

I’m still damn confused about religion and not sure what I believe, but it was cool to spend an hour with people who were so happy about their spirituality. Then, like true New Yorkers the BF and I had our friends J and B over for a truly religiously diverse Easter. We dyed eggs, ate Haroset (a Jewish Passover food, symbolizing the mortar their forefathers used to build the pyramids), ate steak and potatoes, and guzzled wine. It was extremely satisfying. Today, I have to work the part time job, then PATH train it over to Jersey to film one more thing for my last movie, and then meander over to Times Square for my improv performance. Amusement shall be prevalent. Meanwhile, cross your fingers for me.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog?!? It was on Lindsay's blog page. Nerd, hope you had an awesome bday! -Jen

    ReplyDelete