Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Think I Might be an Adult

I am in love. With Jimmy, my kitten. My heart literally aches when I’m away from him. Its the same kind of feeling as when you first fall in love with someone. Last night was trivia night and as much as I love everyone on the trivia team, I just wanted to go home to Jimmy the whole time. As the BF said to Jimmy this morning, “You’ve changed my girlfriend into a whole new woman!” It’s true too. I wake up early to feed him, make sure his pee/poop looks ok, monitor his sneezing, brush him, play with him, and don’t even want to stay out as late as usual because I miss him so. To sum it up: I’m becoming responsible. Like an adult or something. It’s weird. (Except of course when I had one too many tequila drinks Tuesday night and tried to get Jimmy to take a shower . . . that didn’t go over too well.)

I received another rejection letter, which I am actually quite happy about. I feel that I have reached a new height in my career now that people are actually writing to me to say I wasn’t quite right for a part, as opposed to before when I just wouldn’t hear back. The email was actually very nice and stated:

Thanks so much for coming in to audition on Monday. I can tell you take your craft very seriously and I think you've got a lot of talent. You're very attractive but not exactly what I'm looking for to play-------, who's got more of a punkish vibe. However, I have a lot of projects coming up this year and I will keep you in mind. I sincerely hope we can work together in the future, and I think you will have a great career. Let's stay in touch.

You know you’re in a bizarre business when you measure success by how well you get rejected. But, it makes me feel good to know that even if I’m not what people are looking for this time, at least I’m making connections. Though, I’m going to have to go ahead and disagree about me not being punk enough. I mean, come on. I was a pretty damn good punk for the zombie highschool party. Ok, ok, I know that I don’t look punkish at all, but that’s what scissors and pink hair dye is for, right?

Anywoo, I’m making candles tonight to sell at my part time job’s employee craft fair next week. It’s my job to organize the fair but I waited to the last minute this time and very few vendors are available, so it looks like it’s going to turn into E’s junk fair.

I’ve never made candles. Hopefully I won’t burn down our combustible building.

No comments:

Post a Comment